Leeds Law Society was founded in 1805 for “the protection and advancement of the character, status and interests of attorneys and solicitors practising within four miles of the Borough of Leeds”. For the first 70 years of its existence the Society had no home of its own, so meetings took place in local hotels. Business meetings were followed by dinner with latecomers fined 2s 6d as a penalty for being late!
We have changed just a little since then! Here are some of the current board members at our Annual Dinner 2012.