Now is a great time to be a lawyer in Leeds.
The scale of opportunities across a wide variety of law firms continues to develop in Leeds, from large scale international practices employing several hundreds, to niche firms.
Leeds is every bit as competitive as London, many of the undergraduate and postgraduate law students who graduate from Leeds’ three legal educational institutions (University of Leeds, Leeds Metropolitan University and BPP Law School), remain in the city as it offers everything they need to progress their careers. Leeds educates almost 2,500 law graduates on an annual basis - boosting the legal sector further. For more information about law studies in Leeds visit www.leeds.ac.uk, www.lmu.ac.uk and www.bpplawschool.com.
The legal profession continues to develop as Leeds firms expand and excel in a variety of disciplines, both in the large firms, and the niche practices. Most notably these include corporate and finance, intellectual property, private finance initiatives (PFI), public private partnerships (PPP), commercial property, taxation, employment and international services.
The portfolio of world-class clients speak for themselves with Asda part of the Walmart Group, American Express, Barclays Bank, British Nuclear Fuels Plc, Hitachi Capital, KPMG, National Australia Group, Tesco and Youngs Seafood, all part of the Leeds law firms key clients.
Five reasons why Leeds a good career choice:
- Since the 1970s the total number of solicitors has grown at an average annual rate of 4%
- Five national legal practices have major offices in Leeds, employing over 1,000 qualified lawyers between them
- Lawyers in Leeds form a competitive, but a close-knit community
- High calibre work from high calibre clients, offering competitive salaries and excellent career development prospects
- Leeds is also one of the most important centres in the UK for financial services, making it a true business hot-spot
Lifestyle Leeds is a vibrant, thriving city that not only offers great career potential but it also has a great work life balance.
The city offers something for everyone from shopping, sporting events and facilities, a vibrant nightlife and high quality restaurants, to family and cultural attractions.
For more information about Leeds visit www.leedsliveitloveit.com