Access to an Extensive Legal Library
Did you know that as a Member you have access to the libraries of Leeds Beckett University?
Members of the Leeds Law Society may use the Portland Law School and Sheila Silver Library at City Campus, Woodhouse Lane. Access is restricted to print resources only and not the online facilities.
If you wish to use the library, please bring photo ID and your Leeds Unlocked card.
- Members can check on the availability of their required books at Leeds Beckett University Law School Library Catalogue
- Access to Portland Building, Leeds Law School Library from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, please ask staff at the Law School reception: Telephone 0113 812 9028. The Law School reception desk is on the 3rd floor of the Portland Building.
- The bulk of practitioner books will be held at Portland Building, Leeds Law School Library. The Law collection situated in the reading room is reference only and there are no borrowing rights.
- Access to the collection in the main Sheila Silver Library is 8.30am to 7pm seven days a week. Academic books and the rest of the practitioner books will be held at the Sheila Silver Library
- Borrowing rights are available to Leeds Law Society members via individual membership of the Library which will entitle the holder, at a cost of £75 per annum, to borrow up to 5 items at any one time from the main Library only. Complete a Guest User Registration Form and enclose a letter stating why you wish to use the Library and which resources you would like to use for educational and research purposes.
- Photocopying facilities are available to members of Leeds Law Society. A £5 refundable deposit secures the loan of an i-print copy card from the Help and Information Point in the library. Members can then add a minimum of 50p credit (non-refundable) to the card.