Notice of Annual General Meeting 2022
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (the Meeting) of Leeds Law Society (LLS) will be held via a zoom meeting at 5.30pm on 17.05.22 to transact the following business:
1. To receive the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 25.05.21 and to deal with the matters arising therefrom.
2. To receive and if thought fit approve:
(a) the income and expenditure account for the previous financial year and the balance sheet as at the end of the previous financial year;
(b) the report of the President on the activities of LLS since the last AGM;
3. To elect with effect from 01.06.22:
(b) Vice President (this will be an appointment alongside one of the current Vice Presidents)
(e) JLD Director
(f) Local Government Director
(g) Small Firms Director
(h) In-House Director
(I) Leeds Trainee Director
(e) Any other Directors (who are up for re-election on a rotation basis or have applied for appointment).
4. To re-appoint Delegate Accountancy Services Ltd as auditors to hold office from the conclusion of the Meeting until the next Annual General Meeting.
5. To authorise the officers of the Society to fix and pay the auditors’ remuneration.
6. Any other business of which notice is given.
The Directors: Leeds Law Society, 62 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2EE
NOTES TO THE NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
At each Annual General Meeting of LLS officers and board members are elected to help run the business of LLS. If you are interested in becoming an officer or a board member please complete a nomination form and submit it as instructed.
2. Appointment of proxies
As a member of LLS you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting. If you would like to appoint the Secretary (and Chair of the meeting) of LLS or anyone else to be your proxy please a proxy form (following the instructions). You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in the notes to the proxy form.
If you have any queries about the meeting please contact the Society by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Venue of the AGM
Please note that we are following the guidance of the Government therefore, if it is your intention to attend the 2022 AGM on the 17.05.22 then please contact email@example.com so that the relevant joining instructions can be issued to you.